Making your home “tech-friendly” has become an important detail not to be missed in home renovations. With each member of the family ‘connected’ through one device or another, a central communication hub is essential to keep devices in one central location and safely stored.
Good planning is the key!
A good plan for your charging station is key. With all those cords and accessories, the goal is to stay neat and organized!
- Power source, no doubt one of the key elements to a tech docking station is access to a power source equipped to output enough energy to all devices.
- Airflow, allowing electrical currents to “breath” is critical in order to avoid any hazards such as electrical fires. Work with your contractor and electrician to ensure that your docking station is positioned in a well-ventilated area.
- Designated spaces are critical for organization and storage of cumbersome cords and varying sizes of equipment.
Manufacturers such as Dupont Corian® have taken note of today’s technological demands and have come up with some sleek and convenient wireless charging solid surfaces, to charge our personal devices. Transferring energy wirelessly to a receiver within or attached to your smart device, the “smart surface” sends the charge to your device and stops when it has reached maximum battery capacity. Now that is innovation!
Custom docking stations can take your electronic equipment from geek to chic!
When it comes to “docking” your electronics, there are some unique ways to charge and display (or tuck away) your gems.
- Tilted tray – easy to pull out and keeps electronics ready to go and off kitchen counters!
- Phone-and-key cubbies – designate one for each member of the family.
- Slide Out Drawer – line with a black power strip, and felt on the bottom of the drawer to prevent scratching.
- Cabinets and Counters Combos- can serve as laptop storage, charging station and file cabinet, making it a one stop at the end of a busy day!
We all tend to be a little selfish with our technology once in a while ~ a little planning goes a long way!
“MOM! Johnny unplugged my device to charge his!!”